Competent Tower Climber & Rescuer Certification
Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue is an intensive three-day program offered in Spanish. This course provides tower climbers with the knowledge and skills to significantly reduce—if not eliminate—the potential for serious or lethal injuries on the worksite. It extensively covers climbing, positioning, descending, rescuing and other maneuvers while maintaining 100% connection to the structures.
Our course is based on modern rope rescue principles, in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and applying or exceeding the American National Standard Institute (ANSI) and National Association of Tower Erectors (NATE) standards.
Some of the subjects to be covered are:
- Hazard Assessment
- Mandatory Safety Meetings
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Personal Fall Arrest (PFA) Systems
- Personal Fall Restraint (PFR) Systems
- Climbing Techniques and Skills
- Fall Factor Physics
- Descending Techniques
- Team Self-rescue (OSHA Employee Emergency Action Plan 1926.502)
Duration: 3 Days (24 hours in total)
Monday Day 1
Classroom Instruction (8 hours)
Tuesday Day 2
Field Practice & Evaluation (8 hours)
Wednesday Day 3:
AM – Field Rescue Drill (5 hours)
PM – Written & Practical Exams (3 hours)
*A score of 75% or better is required in order to be certified.
Class size: Minimum 6 / 2 Instructors
Cost per participant: $650.00 (plus taxes)
What is included?
- All equipment necessary for the course
- The Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue Manual
- A Certificate of Successful Completion
- A wallet-sized Certification Card